Barcelona, A beautiful city of Spain known for its art and culture has now become one of the leading tourist attractions in the World. Consists of iconic landmarks, beautiful beaches, historic monuments, shopping places, mountains, and many more things is a perfect holiday destination that one can imagine.
Sagrada Familia: Unfinished Cathedral
La Sagrada Familia is one of the most creative works by Antoni Gaudi in Barcelona. A large unfinished giant Catholic Church is under construction since 1882 has become the most popular tourist attraction in Barcelona.
Basilica has three main façade
- Nativity Façade – Birth of Jesus Christ
- Passion Façade – Passion of Jesus Christ
- Glory Façade – Celestial glory of Jesus Christ
You can buy Sagrada Familia tickets and a guided tour on reaching there or you can buy it online.
Park Guell: Gaudí’s Wondrous Park
Elegant and impressive design by Gaudi is now considered one of the best public parks in the world. Eusebi Güell was the man to whom the Park was named and constructed but due to an unsuccessful project for residential purpose, Park was, later on, became the property of the city.
A guided tour of 1 hour offers in different languages will drag you back to the 19th century and you will be able to know how Eusebi Guell wants to construct and how Gaudi deploys his creativity and imagination.
Also Visit: Siam Park
Casa Batlló: Gaudi’s Masterpiece
Casa Batllo is another outstanding architecture designed by Gaudi in Barcelona. From the outside architecture looks like it has been created with bones and skulls where bones are pillars and skulls are balconies of the building.
Inside Casa Batllo, you will see
- The Loft – Used as laundry and storerooms
- Noble Floor – Was the residence of Batllo Family
- The Roof Terrace – Famous dragon back style
For Visiting Casa Batllo you have to buy tickets or video-guided tours.
Casa Milà – The stone quarry
Also known as La Pedrera was the last private residential building designed by Antoni Gaudi. From outside Limestone stone facade, finished with beautifully designed curves and twisted haunting chimneys gives a stunning view to this building.
What to see?
- Hall and courtyards
- Interior, gates
- The Attic
- The Apartment
- The Roof and Chimneys
For visiting La Pedrera, you can book a ticket online.
Las Ramblas – Barcelona Walk
La Rambla, A Street in central Barcelona has been the first choice of tourists to start their Barcelona tour. During tourist season La Rambla can be very crowded and one can sense how people love walking through this street.
Federico García Lorca, The Great Spanish Poet once said that “the only street in the world I wish never ends”
Things to do in La Rambla:
- Walking Tour – Walk and explore the hidden secrets of this place.
- Museu de l’Erotica – Erotic Museum of Barcelona.
- Miró Mural – Walking on Miro Mural and see Jason Mirao artistic work.
- Human Statues – Most of them looks a real human.
- Bike Ride – Rent a bike and ride through the city.
- La Boqueria – Famous grocery market in Barcelona.
- El Corte Inglés – A perfect shopping place where you can get everything.
- Restaurants and Café – Historic restaurants and delicious food.
- Centre d’Art Santa Monica – Visit beautiful art galleries.
Port Cable Car
Built in 1929, Port Cable Car towers were once used to defend the port during the Spanish Civil War. Due to the increase in the number of tourists in Barcelona, it was operated again in 1995 and now it is the most popular ride in Barcelona, offering a fantastic aerial view.
Montjuïc Mountain – Magic Mountain of Barcelona:
Located just next to the sea, Montjuic Mountain is now becoming one of the best tourist spots in Barcelona.
Montjuic Cable Car: Passing over the city with mindboggling panoramic views, Cable Car covers a vertical distance of 100 meters to get to the Montjuic Castle from Av. Miramar (where the port cable car drops you).
On Reaching Montjuic Mountain you can visit
- Montjuic Castle
- Fundacio Joan Miro
- Montjuic Municipal Pool
- Teatre Grec
- Olympic Stadium
Most Visited Beaches
There are many beautiful beaches in Barcelona but the question arises which one is best suited for you. Check out some of the best beaches in Barcelona
- Barceloneta Beach – The most popular and crowded beach in Barcelona. You can have your meals there and it also surrounded by so many seafood restaurants.
- Nova Icaria – Because of peace and less crowd it generally attracts family people. You can enjoy Ping-Pong and volleyball.
- Bogatell – More clean and calm beach and was made for Olympics games in 1992. It is often forgotten by people due to the extra walk.
- Marbella Beach – Also known as Nudist Beach, very popular among young people and gay crowd.
- Sitges Beach – Fabulous coastal town Sitges is a small town of Barcelona and you can reach there in 35 minutes by train.